Mortgage Letter for Client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natiro

Thanks for the link - I too have gotten several of these requests!
    Lenders are blaming increased Federal scrutiny of loans etc
    AND it always seems like its at the last minute - "we need this today" etc!

Comment

Great info and I will keep this around for reference. Interestingly, I just got an "audit" letter from one of these govt institutions, who sent me photocopies of the past 2 years' 1040's which I prepared for the client asking me to verify them. What? This loan was issued, approved, and has been in effect since Feb, 2011. My signature name and address, PIN#, etc is on each return, (for which I e-filed the second year). I can maybe understand the paper return (which could be falsified, I guess) but the later one? And the IRS has the transcripts on record which they also had to access to approve the loan. More bureaurcacy?

Comment

More on Loan letters

Different twist - which I do not think I have a problem with - but would like the input from all.

T/p is trying to accomplish a loan modification or a refinance-

What the Mortage Company is requesting is
        Please have your CPA fax a letter (on their letterhead) stating how long you have been self employed & how long they have been doing your taxes
        Does any one see a issue with this ---other than the lenders - stll don't get the "CPA" designation -----

T/P and myself have reviewed records that would be "close" - maybe not totally accurate - but back to "1983" that is like almost 30 years!

Ugh!

Thanks for your input

Sandy

Comment

I usually just put how long I have been doing their tax returns. I am not sure on the self employed part. I don't believe I would have any problems putting that as long as I rate looked at the previous years tax returns, which you have.

Comment

When I do these letters, I will simply state that I prepared the returns for the client based on figures obtained from client. How long I have prepared the returns, and since it is on schedule C, the client is considered self employed.

I then put a disclaimer that I nor my firm can not be held accountable for any decisions the mortgage or finance company makes in relation to securing a loan based on the information that I have provided.

They will not hold me over a barrel if the client doesn't make good on the loan.
            Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Working...
            X