NOL deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOL deadline?

My client has a NOL carrying forward and they are late getting their information to me.

Will they lose the NOL because of late filing? I looked in the Tax Library but I don't see it there, not in topics anyway.
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

The NOL is calculated no matter when the return is prepared. However, if the return is not timely filed, including extensions, the election to forgo the carryback is lost. So, that means the NOL must be carriedback two years before it can be carried forward to future years.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Possi View Post
      My client has a NOL carrying forward and they are late getting their information to me.

Will they lose the NOL because of late filing? I looked in the Tax Library but I don't see it there, not in topics anyway.
      If you are dealing only with a NOL coming from 2010 and earlier you should be fine. If you also expect a NOL for 2011 it might be different depending on how many years in a row your client had a NOL.

Comment

Thanks!

I'll check on that.
        "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
        X