RTRP Test - Less Than 10% Have Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTRP Test - Less Than 10% Have Passed

According to a report I read less than 10% of those required to take the test have taken it, leaving approximately 315,000 yet to pass. Would this open the possibility that the deadline might be extended?
    Last edited by zeros; 10-12-2012, 07:14 PM.

I certainly hope not. It is not like this is some kind of surprise for tax preparers; and if some procrastinate to the point that they cannot pass in time, so be it. I believe the NAEA is urging the IRS to stick to the original deadline.

Comment

The IRS has been stating that the deadline is final. And, they've been stating that test slots are filling up fast.

Comment

Funny

Originally posted by zeros View Post
        According to a report I read less than 10% have passed the test, leaving approximately 315,000 yet to pass. Would this open the possibility that the deadline might be extended?
        When I read then Title I thought that off all the ones that took it only 10% have passed...

Dusty

Comment

I can't understand why anyone who plans to take the test would not do so as soon as possible. There is always a risk that you could fail the test, and if you take it at the last minute, you lose a filing season.

Comment

What Was Meant to Say

Originally posted by Dusty2004 View Post
            When I read then Title I thought that off all the ones that took it only 10% have passed...

Dusty
            I think the article was saying that of those that need to take the test, only 10% have. Didn't say about the passing rate.

Comment

Lose Filing Season

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
              I can't understand why anyone who plans to take the test would not do so as soon as possible. There is always a risk that you could fail the test, and if you take it at the last minute, you lose a filing season.
              And probably lose all your cliental.

Comment

I think they'll either extend it or simply not enforce it the first year. Send warning letters out, like they did when you had to pay for your PTIN. Of course if they said that right now people would just procrastinate even further. I wish they would enforce it. Then again, I wish they had stuck to making people take the test before issuing new PTINs after the test was available.

Comment

Confusion reigns

Received in today's mail, a postcard with the following heading:

" Have You Taking The IRS RTRP Exam? "

Kinda makes you wonder how well-organized their prep work/CE material is!

FE

Comment

That sounds more reasonable to me.

I can't believe only 10% taking the test passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                      I can't believe only 10% taking the test passed.
                      I think it's only 10% of all preparers required to take it, whether they've taken it or not, have passed? Basically including everyone who hasn't taken the test yet but needs to?

Comment

Working...
                      X