Online Tax Advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Tax Advisor

Does anyone know if there are any legitimate, online tax jobs available for Enrolled Agents? I have heard about the Intuit seasonal position, but I have spoken to other Enrolled Agents who were not satisfied with it. Are there any other jobs available of this kind?

I would imagine that all the major tax prep software companies need at least seasonal support personnel. Whether you can field calls from home or have to work from one of their call centers is another question. And, lots of preparers work entirely online via upload and via mail, email, FedEx, etc., and never or seldom meet their clients face-to-face. This seems to work best for preparers who have a niche not limited by geography, such as clergy taxes, and for those who have moved but had a loyal following who continue to send them their tax information. Sometimes CPA firms use EAs as their seasonal back room, often with telecommuting. IRS is hiring!

Comment

Market yourself

Originally posted by Tax Sleuth View Post
      Does anyone know if there are any legitimate, online tax jobs available for Enrolled Agents? I have heard about the Intuit seasonal position, but I have spoken to other Enrolled Agents who were not satisfied with it. Are there any other jobs available of this kind?
      What if you spend whatever time you would work for someone else and market yourself. Go out an meet people. Talk to business owners and ask them what their biggest tax concerns and see if you can help them.

Dusty

Comment

Working...
      X