TMI Tax Services Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TMI Tax Services Group

In an overflowing in-box full of CPE advertisements I found one from Spidell Publishing.
    Don't know anything about them -- doesn't imply good or bad either way.

They do mention their affiliation with TMI Tax Services Group.

Any association with the TMI (Tax Materials, Inc.) that publishes our TaxBook and
    sponsors this message board?

Spidell is a Calif Based Service and very informative if you are a Calif Preparer, they will also publish Fed information.

As a past Calif preparer, and still having a lot of Calif contact, I receive their flash email updates - you can I believe sign in for those at no cost.

A very respected and informative Source - as far as I know not affiliated with TMI, maybe refers to TMI-TB as a resource material, but the people at TMI would be able to answer that portion of your question "Affiliate" officially ---

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 09-25-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the question & answer re: Spidell

I just received something from them as well. They caught me eye because they didn't seem like an obvious rip-off. Wouldn't have had any info about them if it weren't for both Q & A on this forum.

Comment

Spidell

Spidell is the foremost authority in California taxes and in other areas. I have been with them since Bob Spidell started out teaching the seminars. I also subscribe to the monthly CA newsletter and now they are starting a Federal newsletter. The current owner was in the tax business several years and knows the problems we face.

I was in CA but moved to Iowa but 99% of my practice are California clients. Their CPE is of great quality.

I have taken some of the webinars by them and they were very informative.

Comment

CPE/CE webinars

Originally posted by DMICPA View Post
          I have taken some of the webinars by them and they were very informative.
          Is it true when you watch a CPE/CE webinar, there is no exam?

Comment

Exam during Webinars

During the Webinar, say every 25 minutes, there will be a question that you have to answer. There is no correct answer.

They just want to know if you are sitting at the computer watching the webinar and not out playing golf.

This is their way of checking to see if the attendees are actually paying attention.

There is no written exam or test. If you respond to the questions asked during the webinar you are considered to have attended just like a live program.

Comment

Working...
            X