Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Auditors demanding Electronic Quickbooks file

Aloha,
    It sounds like the government can demand the format of how taxpayer give auditors data. It sounds like surveillance rather than audit, but that is just me. No doubt they will run every audit trail report on the planet.
    Does anybody know of accounting / payroll similar to Quickbooks that the IRS does not license. That way if they get the electronic file it would do no good and they would be most welcome to view the general ledger via paper.

Mahalo
    Bjorn

I haven't had experience with IRS requesting QB, but this informartion has been published or talked about for a while -

So far so good as most all of my accounting clients are QB and fortunately as I post, no requests or notices.

Next closest that i can think of would proably be Peachtree - I find it difficult to work with and not as user friendly, but then there are those that say it is okay.

It could be IRS is targeting QB (Intuit) due to many factors - QB and related products are small biz- some of us accountants, never see the QB files until year end, also QB and Turbo Tax are closely connected (still Intiuit).

Not sure how the reply would be to IRS if I were Asked as the Accountant - I know I don't have a lot on my computer anymore, due to Remote Access to Client files (does that count) Age of Technology! Not having a QB file?
    I simply dont have the file!

Does not answer your original question , though?

Sandy

Comment

Working...
    X