Signin Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signin Glitch

I usually have to sign in when I come to the site. I think that may be because by and large when I come here my last visit was with a different browser. In any event that is not too bad but I always seem to have to sign in two or three times in order to be able to post new threads. However if all I want is to post to an existing thread I can do that after one sign in. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me how to fix this or can management fix iit? All ideas appreciated.

Browser settings may be askew

Originally posted by erchess View Post
    I usually have to sign in when I come to the site. I think that may be because by and large when I come here my last visit was with a different browser. In any event that is not too bad but I always seem to have to sign in two or three times in order to be able to post new threads. However if all I want is to post to an existing thread I can do that after one sign in. Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me how to fix this or can management fix iit? All ideas appreciated.
    Try *NOT* signing out when you leave.

Otherwise, you may have some browser settings (cookies/history) that need adjustment.

FWIW: I normally use IE, but sometimes Firefox, and except for recent issues when the TTB site upgraded I've had no such problems with either. Upon returning to the bookmarked forum page, I always see "Welcome, FEDUKE404" at the top right of the screen.

FE

Comment

I do not intentionally or knowingly sign out but even like this time when I am pretty sure I am using the same browser as last time I find that I must sign in. How does one not sign out? I suspect the answer may involve allowing cookies which I honestly do not know whether I am doing currently or not. I'm not exactly a computer whiz but I am slowly learning to make the execrable things function. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. TY Feduke.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
        I do not intentionally or knowingly sign out but even like this time when I am pretty sure I am using the same browser as last time I find that I must sign in. How does one not sign out? I suspect the answer may involve allowing cookies which I honestly do not know whether I am doing currently or not. I'm not exactly a computer whiz but I am slowly learning to make the execrable things function. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. TY Feduke.
        A couple of things. In Firefox, which is all I use, across the top - left click on Tools; on the drop down menu - chose Options; Under options you will have a choice of what cookies to accept and how long to keep them. Choose the length of time you want to keep them and click on save. (I personally have mine to clear each time I close the browser - I don't want them hanging around.)

Then when you log in, be sure to click the Remember Me box. This should get you fixed up. I don't know whether you will have problems switching between browsers or not.

LT

PS - I have discovered that if you do not check the remember me box when you log in, you are automatically logged out in a very short period of time. Many time it will log me out while I am typing a reply, so I have to log in again to post my reply.
        Last edited by thomtax; 09-16-2012, 07:50 PM. Reason: Additional
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

It's a miracle

First ty to all who helped with this including anyone in management who may have fixed anything. Today when I came to the site it automatically logged me in with ability to post new messages. I am completely happy.

Comment

Working...
          X