Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Business can audit proof their tax return

Here is the link to the article.

The article says small business owners increases their chances of being audit if they DIY their small business tax return which I assume includes Sch C.

"Rethink your legal form. Corporations, LLCs, and partnerships are less likely to be audited. But that should not be the sole reason to incorporate. Discuss this option with a tax professional and your attorney before deciding". This line is a little confusing especially for a single member LLC that has the option to file a Sch C.

Stay informed about new regulations, market trends, and emerging technologies that can impact your business. From success stories to practical advice, Fox Business offers comprehensive coverage to help small businesses thrive in today's competitive landscape.

Small Business - Audit Proof Returns

I noticed in the article it was not mentioned to keep a separate and distinct
    bank account for the business vs. personal bank account.

That's where a number of small business owners open up their personal living
    records to IRS scrutiny where it isn't necessary.

Keeping a good internal control over the income side of business records also
    helps in the process of adding credibility to the documentation of business
    expenses.

As far as documenting auto expenses - I've used www.aaa.com to document
    distance for mileage computations that have been accepted.

And there is no absolute fool-proof method to audit proof a return - If IRS wants
    to audit certain specific elements of a return, they'll pick it up for audit regardless
    of how much you document.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Working...
    X