Intuit seeking tax advisors. Only EA's & CPA's apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intuit seeking tax advisors. Only EA's & CPA's apply

I just received the latest NAEA E@lert for Aug 24, 2012. Scroll down under "Job Opportunities", Intuit is seeking tax advisors for their TurboTax customers. Must posses active credentials for one of the following: EA or CPA. A couple years ago ProSeries (also Intuit product) called me about potentially fielding calls from ProSeries users assiting them operating the software. I am thinking, who has time for that.

Me

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    I just received the latest NAEA E@lert for Aug 24, 2012. Scroll down under "Job Opportunities", Intuit is seeking tax advisors for their TurboTax customers. Must posses active credentials for one of the following: EA or CPA. A couple years ago ProSeries (also Intuit product) called me about potentially fielding calls from ProSeries users assiting them operating the software. I am thinking, who has time for that.
    If you plan it out well you can do it.

Comment

Work for $20

It seems to me, if you are serious about building your tax business up, you could make more than $20 an hour marketing yourself. Going out and introducing yourself to potential clients - business owners.

You are competing with yourself. If these individuals need help they can come to you and pay you to do their taxes.

The only individuals that this makes sense to me is someone who is new or someone who is retired and wants to earn a little extra cash. Even then, do some tax work and make more money. I just don't get it.

$20 * 10 hours = $200. I make that an hour during tax season. Market yourself to clients and you can also. Imagine if you were to not spend 15 hours a week working for Intuit and spent that time marketing yourself. What a tax business you could have in no time.

Just my opinion.

Dusty

Comment

If you were disabled or moved to a new area temporarily, seems like a reasonable job opportunity. I received the ad in an email and thought it was a great way to work from home if that was what you required for whatever reason. Someone in a small town who doesn't have a lot of business opportunities and wants to supplement their income? Spouse of a soldier who is transferred every 24 months and can't build a client list?

I always thought the spouse of a soldier getting the EA was a great opportunity. EAs are in high demand and pay very well outside the US wherever there are a large number of Americans.

Comment

Very Opinionated Response

These are people who are trying to put us out of business. They run every conceivable ad which implies that if people buy their software, they will effectively be as knowledgeable and proficient as a trained tax preparer. All that is needed is their software and enough time to reduce tax preparation to a keypunch operation. And they manage to advertise everywhere, even getting banks to enclose flyers with their bank statements when a bank will not normally advertise for anyone.

The Achilles Heel in the entire TurboTax model is the lack of the human element. Intuit has no doubt felt this weakness in numerous customer complaints and the fact that untold thousands of users have saved big money by taking their turbotax returns to a real preparer. This costs them customers virtually every time it happens.

So they are now responding to this weakness by getting real persons to sell out their profession and work for Intuit for pennies on the dollar compared to their real worth.

Go ahead and marry this ugly Trojan Horse if you wish...

Comment

It's an opportunity for additional income

My goal is to earn as much income as I can in a 5 month span so I can work basically part time during the summer and fall. If you aren't willing to work 100 hours a week for 20 weeks so that you can work 15-20 hours a week for 30 weeks then that's fine, I'm willing to really work hard for the "cold" months so I can enjoy the rest of the year.

If it's not for you great, but for those of us that it works for, it's a good opportunity.

BTW, I am not disabled, have a thriving practice (200+ returns a year, average fee is over $350 per, including 30+ biz returns), have been in the same business location for a decade and don't see this project as "competition" to my business.

Comment

Working...
            X