Late Penaly Abatement for 2010 S-Corp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Penaly Abatement for 2010 S-Corp

I am about to file a 2010 S-Corp that inc back in 2006. 1 Shareholder. I did a quick Google and located form 843. It does list several forms including 1120 but no 1120s. The shareholder tells this is the first time since they inc that they had a late filing. If form 843 is the correct form, I was planning on completing it and including it with the 2010 tax return. The 2011 S-Corp will be timely. I was succesful earlier this year abating a penalty on another S-Corp that filed late.

IRS says...

Not to include request for abatement with return, but to wait for bill. You can really just write a letter. Or, if the taxpayer has a clean record, you may be able to get an abatement over the phone. How did you handle your other successful abatement request?
    Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Got abatement over the phone

Originally posted by appelman View Post
      How did you handle your other successful abatement request?
      S-Corp closed early in 2011 and shareholder didnt notify me therefore it was a late filing. Shareholder received penalty notice I was able to take care of it over the phoine due to S-Corp had clean record but man did the lady at the IRS give me a tongue lashing.

Comment

FYI 2008 is the first year IRS started penalizing late 1120S's. A late 2006 1120S would have no penalty.

Comment

Working...
        X