email to user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email to user

On the old board there was a way I could email another board user unless said user had blocked either me or the whole community from doing so. My message resulted in my email (the one the moderators have) being exposed to the other user along with my nic. If the other user wanted to keep their email from becoming known to me they could ignore the email or reply on the board through PM or I suppose on the board. I cannot find the way to do this any more. Am I missing it or is it gone?

PMs

In the red bar at top of screen, click "Notifications"
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Yes PM

But is there no longer a way to email a user? There used to be a way. I picked up the addresses of if memory serves six users when they responded to emails or emailed me.

Comment

I can't find it, either.

"Notifications" tells you what you have received, but not how to message another user.
        Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Click on the name of the person you want to email. A window will pop open that gives you options on contacting that person.
          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Erchess

I just sent you a test PM. Go to Notifications and there should be one showing for you. Test me back by clicking on DTS in this thread and you will see the option to send a message like the others said.

Comment

Got it!

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
              Click on the name of the person you want to email. A window will pop open that gives you options on contacting that person.
              Thanks muchly.
              Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Still though, I don't see the option for emailing directly to user; only via this board.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Harlan,

I just sent you an email using the "email" function from this message. I found out that if you are not logged in on the site the option to email another user will not pop up when you right click on the name.

Comment

Clarification for sending emails via TTB

Originally posted by Mike Mac View Post
                    Harlan,

I just sent you an email using the "email" function from this message. I found out that if you are not logged in on the site the option to email another user will not pop up when you right click on the name.
                    I'm not sure about the accuracy of that statement. I just went through several random names in threads here (folks were NOT online - it's early Sunday morning) and by clicking on the user name most (but strangely not all? privacy settings?) showed a "Send email" choice.

It should be noted this is **NOT** a "right click" action you mentioned. Doing that on my computer brings up a "E-Mail with Windows Live" which is a completely different option.

Of course, why would a TTB member ever read these boards without logging in?? (I never log out!) You lose a lot of functions (going to "last read" message in a thread, seeing posts you previously responded to marked, etc) by not being logged in....

Caveat: As others have mentioned, using the TTB email option (instead of the alternative "Private Messages" option) will provide your email address on file with TTB to the receiving party. Unless you have established a good relationship with the person via these boards, you may wish to reconsider using that option.

Hope this helps!

FE

Comment

Harlan,

You don't right-click. Try left-click. Also, if you want incoming PM's delivered to your email inbox, there is a function for that under Settings. Then you don't always have to remember to check Nofifications.

Question: What is the difference between a contact and a "friend?" Advantages?
                      Last edited by Burke; 08-27-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

email to user

Originally posted by Burke View Post
                        You don't right-click. Try left-click.
                        A client once told me "You don't know your right from your left." I didn't believe him at the time but maybe he had a point.

Comment

Point made

A client once told me "You don't know your right from your left." I didn't believe him at the time but maybe he had a point.
                          Or as my Drill Instructor from long ago would say: "Your OTHER right foot!!"

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
                            Or as my Drill Instructor from long ago would say: "Your OTHER right foot!!"
                            That gets said all the time in square dancing, though without the "foot." It's enough of a joke that people will wear wrist bands saying "left," though my favorite is the badge dangle with appropriate left and right labeled arrows, worn upside down as an aide to the person wearing it.

Comment

I never heard my drill instructor say "Your OTHER right foot!"

But I did frequently hear him say, "Your OTHER #@**# right foot, you #*^*# idiot!"
                              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                              X