Ceu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceu

Tax Slayer is offering free CEU for those who are their customers and if anyone else wants to utilize this service, the fee is very reasonable. A way to get your CEU on line at home. I just registered with Tax Slayer to do my CEU and did 2 units today. Very easy and simple. Deadline is Aug 31 to get signed up for free. Tax Slayer is amazing is my opinion.

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
    Tax Slayer is offering free CEU for those who are their customers and if anyone else wants to utilize this service, the fee is very reasonable. A way to get your CEU on line at home. I just registered with Tax Slayer to do my CEU and did 2 units today. Very easy and simple. Deadline is Aug 31 to get signed up for free. Tax Slayer is amazing is my opinion.
    Agreed!

Chris

Comment

Very easy and simple.
      The process or the education?

Comment

Great deal

I already signed up but haven't started any of the units yet. I am very grateful that TaxslayerPro is doing this for its people.

The process doesn't sound like "easy" CPE's. You have to read and study and then pass the test.

No time today, but next week maybe I can start.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
          I already signed up but haven't started any of the units yet. I am very grateful that TaxslayerPro is doing this for its people.

The process doesn't sound like "easy" CPE's. You have to read and study and then pass the test.

No time today, but next week maybe I can start.

Linda, EA
          Did a few last night.. definitively not "easy" as quite a few of the answers I had to look up. As long as you print out the material, all the answers are there.

Chris

Comment

Does this qualify for CE's for EA in AZ and if so define "reasonable fee"?

Does this qualify for CE's for EA in AZ and if so define "reasonable fee"?

Also what is the max # of CE's that can be had?

Comment

I looked at the site

There is a maximum of fifteen hours available. Courses are bought in blocks of five one hour courses. A block of five hours costs $25 unless the student is the one person in an office who gets free CEUs because of the purchase of the software and signs up by the end of August. (I am unclear whether that is the deadline to sign up or the deadline to complete the education. Since I'm writing this on the evening of 8/24 that matters very much.) All of the courses except one (about clergy) seems to pertain to subjects a person who knows nothing now could in my opinion be ready to handle with available supervision in January. All pertain to 1040. Since everything on the site seems to be about RTRPs and since I understand from Koss that getting a course approved for them and getting it approved for EA's would require two different processes I would assume that these courses are not any good for EA CEUs. That strikes me as unfortunate since any course that should qualify for an RTRP should as far as I know also meet the criteria to qualify for an EA.
              Last edited by erchess; 08-24-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Not sure about EA's if this would qualify, but you can give TAx Slayer a call 706-868-0985 and they could tell you. Won't be back in til Monday now. There is no deadline to complete the CE. And anyone who wants to pay there is no deadline. The deadline of Aug 31st is just for those who qualify to get the CE free to register. Those getting it free do not have a deadline to complete it either, just to sign up.

Comment

wondering too now

I looked at TaxslayerPro website and am not sure if the continuing education they are providing is for EAs or RTRPs. I sent them an email and hopefully Monday morning I will get an answer from them. If I don't get an answer, I will call them.

I don't want to do this if it is not for enrolled agents. But that would be a shame since I am sure that many of their users are enrolled agents.

Linda, EA

Comment

answer from TaxslayerPro

I got this email from support at TaxslayerPro this morning:

"Our CE credits apply to both EA's and tax preparers. However, at present, since we are only offering 15 ce credits, you would have to make up the remaining 9 credits from another source. Thanks."

So it would work for us EA's as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X