Recent SEE testing results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent SEE testing results

Can someone who has recently passed the SEE tell me how long it took theIRS to issue their EA card after the final test is passed? I understand that you know immediately whether you passed each test portion, so after the final test it passed is theIRS very speedy with issuing the card?
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

See test

After you pass the test you must apply to the IRS form 23 pay the fee.They will do an IRS compliance and then issue the card.That is what I did and I think that is still the procedure.

Comment

Thanks, I know what the procedure is but wanted to get an idea how long theIRS is taking to process and issues the cards. They have had problems with getting renewals out quickly and wondered if this too is a long delayed process. A friend is planning to take the SEE soon and wants to be carded by this upcoming tax season, not sure if the bureaucracy can move that fast anymore.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
        Thanks, I know what the procedure is but wanted to get an idea how long theIRS is taking to process and issues the cards. They have had problems with getting renewals out quickly and wondered if this too is a long delayed process. A friend is planning to take the SEE soon and wants to be carded by this upcoming tax season, not sure if the bureaucracy can move that fast anymore.
        Is this person planning to take all three parts within the next month or two? That's certainly doable by many people, but personally, I've allowed several months between each part.

Comment

SEE testing

In the old days we did it all in two days.I can not see why you could not take each part a couple of weeks between.

Comment

Took about two months

My final SEE test (part 3) was on Nov 12, 2011
            Received the EA Cert on Jan. 15, 2012

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, that gives us an idea of the time frame. Looks like it's still doable before next tax season.

Dan

Originally posted by mactoolsix View Post
              My final SEE test (part 3) was on Nov 12, 2011
              Received the EA Cert on Jan. 15, 2012

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mlinderEA View Post
                In the old days we did it all in two days.I can not see why you could not take each part a couple of weeks between.
                I agree it's doable, and many people succeed quite well this way. But given that test credentials won't be required for another year, I was just pointing out an alternative strategy - since I've met some people who assumed the tests all had to be done within the same calendar year.

But while we're on the subject, has anyone used pay.gov to submit their Form 23? It's easier than having to buy stamps, but I'm wondering if they need copies of the Prometrics test result reports, either faxed or emailed. The IRS docs are silent, but the reports say to send them with the Form 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
                  But while we're on the subject, has anyone used pay.gov to submit their Form 23? It's easier than having to buy stamps, but I'm wondering if they need copies of the Prometrics test result reports, either faxed or emailed. The IRS docs are silent, but the reports say to send them with the Form 23.
                  I'll answer my own question by saying that I got a call from the IRS today, asking me to fax them my test results.

Comment

Working...
                  X