Competitors promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competitors promise

I guess it does not use the word "promise" but might as well.

3rd paragraph down: "In order to help you reduce your tax and accounting expenses, we offer you a 20% discount off your last tax or accounting services."

Assume the TP used TurboTax last year to prepare and efile his 1040 with Sch A, Sch D & Sch E and paid $30 for the software.

I do the same

I have offered 50% off the previous bill for several years. My offer has been somewhat successful in attracting good clients, and quite successful in generating good referrals that do not qualify for the discount. The number of price-shoppers and flakes has been low enough not to be a significant factor.
    Christopher Mewhort, EA
    mewhorttax.com

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
      http://www.super-tax.com/

I guess it does not use the word "promise" but might as well.

3rd paragraph down: "In order to help you reduce your tax and accounting expenses, we offer you a 20% discount off your last tax or accounting services."

Assume the TP used TurboTax last year to prepare and efile his 1040 with Sch A, Sch D & Sch E and paid $30 for the software.

I would look at it, that the word services mean that the client paid to have them done.. not self prepared. As well, I doubt you could even get turbo tax to do your sch D & E forms for $30.

Chris

Comment

Terms?

Originally posted by Uncle View Post
        I have offered 50% off the previous bill for several years. My offer has been somewhat successful in attracting good clients, and quite successful in generating good referrals that do not qualify for the discount. The number of price-shoppers and flakes has been low enough not to be a significant factor.
        Who qualifies and does not qualify for your discount?

What kind of referrals do not qualify and why?

Comment

Who qualifies

Originally posted by erchess View Post
          Who qualifies and does not qualify for your discount?

What kind of referrals do not qualify and why?
          For the 50% discount, anyone who paid another preparer for the previous year's tax preparation and can produce an invoice proving the amount. I normally pay $20 to anyone who sends me a new client - that new client is eligible for discounts. In practice, almost all of these new clients come from a large office of a large national chain that is down the block from me. That office has raised prices so much over the last few years that they have priced themselves well above most of the local CPAs and EAs.
          Christopher Mewhort, EA
          mewhorttax.com

Comment

Originally posted by spanel View Post
            I would look at it, that the word services mean that the client paid to have them done.. not self prepared.
            Ditto. Accounting services doesn't IMO mean "do it yourself".

That's a horrible website.

Comment

Working...
            X