i Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i Bank

I got an email from these folks. They want me to go to a one hour IRS Webinar for one CEU and while attendance is free getting credit will cost me 15 bucks. Not only is that a bit much for one credit it looks like to me they are getting their content free from we the people so the only thing they are doing is a bit of book keeping. When the IRS does a webinar do they not normally offer credit for free? Or has that changed?

IRS website & IRS provider list

I have been CE researching providers all afternoon.

IRS provider list: https://ssl.kinsail.com/partners/irs/publicListing.asp

The lowest priced one I came up with is $29.95 for a 15 CE package.

Comment

T Y AZ Tax

That is most interesting and timely. Now does anyone know if the IRS normally offers CEUs for their own Webinars?

Comment

Irs ceu

Tax Talk Today is an online series of programs designed to educate tax practitioners, tax professionals, tax educators, and students. Programs will cover all levels and areas of tax practitioner information including Ethics, Federal Tax Law Updates, and Federal Tax Law; and qualify for CPE credit.

Comment

I have received free CPE credits from the IRS's Phone Forums.

I also love Tax Talk Today and have bought their annual package of credits the last couple of years.

Comment

Just in my email...

Phone Forum on Aug. 28: Lifetime Annuity Guidance
            Sign up now for the Employee Plans phone forum on Lifetime Annuity Guidance, scheduled for Aug. 28 at 2:00 pm EST. Larry Isaacs and Carol Zimmerman, actuaries with the IRS Tax Exempt and Government Entities Division, will discuss guidance issued earlier this year to encourage lifetime annuity options for retirees. The presentation will address the following topics:

• Revenue Ruling 2012-3, clarifying rules for defined contribution plans that offer lifetime income options
            • Revenue Ruling 2012-4, clarifying rules that apply to rollovers into defined benefit plans to purchase additional annuity benefits
            • Proposed regulations under section 401(a)(9) of the Code, dealing with qualified longevity annuity contracts ("QLACs")
            • Proposed regulations under section 417(e)(3) of the Code, making it easier to split a benefit between a lifetime annuity and lump sum or other form of benefit subject to section 417(e)(3)

Information on Continuing Professional Education Credits

Enrolled Agents and Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents may earn CPE credit for attending the entire phone forum. The forum is also intended to meet the CPE requirements for Enrolled Actuaries (check with the Joint Board for the Enrollment of Actuaries for details). Other professional groups should consult with their licensing agencies regarding acceptability of credit. Participants must register individually and use their own assigned PINs to receive CPE credit. Each participant must use an individual phone line to establish attendance and the length of time attending the forum.

A Certificate of Completion will be e-mailed to the participants who meet the attendance requirement about a week after the forum.

If you have question(s), please contact us at ep.phoneforum@irs.gov.

Comment

Other free CPE

You can get about 12 credits annually for free from http://www.paychex.com/wiseguides/wiseguides.aspx

Comment

Working...
              X