Prospect Genius....referrals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prospect Genius....referrals?

Just had a message left from a Megan from Prospect Genius. Her message was that they work with NATP members to refer Tax Representation and Tax Resolution prospects to NATP members. Anyone on the board had any experience with this?

Never heard of them

but that doesn't mean much. I would like to know more about them. Are you inquiring on the NATP discussion forum? It sounds to me as though the company got your name from NATP and between that and what they said I would be inclined to ask PG for the contact info of three satisfied clients preferably in your area who belong to NATP then see if they give you the same contact info that NATP has. The point of this procedure is to avoid being given contact info on nonexistent firms whose employees really work for PG.

I hope you will keep us posted on what you find out about this outfit.
    Last edited by erchess; 08-15-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Would like to hear what you find out also. There is a local accountant in town that is using Build Your Firm. Know it because it is displayed at the bottom of their website. This accountant has really got a nice site and has top placement on Google for searches on accountants for this area. Just wonder how many customers she has got by using Build Your Firm. Has anyone used them? They are expensive but I pay if I knew it would help my business.

My small business clients are starting to drop like flies. I've got two that are on the verge of closing up their business and getting a job. I am going to have to find a way to generate more business.

Comment

I returned the call and here is the low down

This Megan gal got my name from the NATP website so its not a NATP partner as I first thought. Its some kind of lead track website at a cost of, get this, $349/mo for 1st 6 months then goes to $399/mo. She is going to email me some stuff but WOW that is expensive. So if you are a NATP member and have not recieved a call from this Prospect Genius, you can probably expect one.

Comment

I would question how they achieved their prospects and ask about a free trial. There are firms that do something very similar for Financial Planning and they shifted to this monthly fee. Before that you paid per prospect and it was a scam. At least 80% of the prospects they sent me had either absolutely no interest and had no clue how I would have ended up in their system OR were several months old and were already working with someone else.

Comment

What's It Worth??

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
            and has top placement on Google for searches on accountants for this area.
            The "top placement" ads are for sale to highest bidder on these search engines.

Imagine a place called "Green Gables, Kentucky," 75 miles southwest of Louisville. You want to find a hardware store in this little village so you google up "Green Gables Hardware Stores". The top placement is LOWE'S, some 75 miles away, followed by HOME DEPOT, also 75 miles away in Louisville. What you really want to find is Mr. Maxwell's building supply store in the heart of Green Gables. You'll find his store on page 38 of 784 if you want to look that far. Actually Bardstown has a closer store, only 22 miles, but it is listed on page 25. Fat chance of finding this one.

Some sites let the user choose an alphabetized listing, or a listing by distance radius, but more and more of these sites are eliminating that option at the request of the big spenders, to prevent users from navigating around the prolific facade.

I googled up tax preparers in my town. The big spender is 32 miles from my town, next one is nationwide some 420 miles away (but not one of the big three storefronts), the third one is 65 miles away. If you consult YP.com, the big three are in fact the "big three". In fairness to the "big three" - two of them actually do have an office in the town.

Comment

Working...
            X