RTRP test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTRP test

Took my test on the 8th and passed. I felt I new the test well. Thanks to Tax Book Prep Course and the Aplus-CPE course. If you can pass those two exams without looking up the answers you will pass the test. More Cir 230 Questions than I thought would be. Happy it is over.

Publication 17

Did you refer to the publication 17 during the test?

Comment

RTRP test

Zero, yes I did. If I had to do it again I would become more familiar with this Publication. I was not very good
      at finding answers to some questions. There were form # questions where I used the 1040 form to look up that I know saved me.
      Last edited by arlo; 08-09-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Refear to Publ 17

During the test was Publ 17 on the computer or was a papercpy available to you. Hoqw do you search the onlkine copy for indormastion?

Comment

Using the Online Publication 17

I have been trying to use the online version but it is kind of difficult for me. Not like the paper copy. Maybe with more practice, I'll get better at it.

Comment

Online Pub 17

Originally posted by Chief View Post
            During the test was Publ 17 on the computer or was a papercpy available to you. Hoqw do you search the onlkine copy for indormastion?
            It is my understanding that there is "nothing" available at your desk (perhaps a pencil and some scratch paper?) and that the Pub 17 is of the online type only.

I'm sure anyone who has actually taken the RTRP test may confirm?

BTW: In case you missed the Prometric video about the test:
            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

FE

Comment

The only things available at your desk are pencils, paper, and calculator (i think)...Pub 17 was only available at your computer and was hard to navigate in my opinion

Comment

Did not like

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                the computer version of Pub 17. It slowed me down, so I went with what I know and did fine. Again, please don't put a lot of pressure on yourself about the test. If you're an EA, you are already familiar with circular 230. If not, it's just common sense questions you would know if you've ever had a job. Maybe, the test was "easy" to me, but most of it was common tax knowledge that you already know. You could probably refresh yourself with TTB and be fine.

I spoke to an acquaintance that worked for IRS for years and rather than take the test she was thinking of giving up her practice. I told her she was nuts.

Peachie

Comment

Working...
                X