Form 8880

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 8880

Does military retirement disqualify retirement savers credit? My software doesn't allow the credit, but I thought military retirement was not a disqualifer.

Military retirement doesn't disqualify. It's not a plan that he got a tax benefit from. The disqualifers are basicly the IRA's, 401ks, and the likes. Check your software in that it may be automaticly putting any 1099R's in the field. Just back it out.
    Last edited by ecb34691; 04-07-2006, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harriet
      Does military retirement disqualify retirement savers credit? My software doesn't allow the credit, but I thought military retirement was not a disqualifer.
      What software do you use
      Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Harriet

ProSeries Basic

Comment

I use ProSeries.

There is a box on from 1099-R you need to check "if not from a qualified retirement plan".

I't right below line 15.

Comment

ProSeries Basic
            I use Drake and it does a fantistic job. Maybe someone out there who uses Pro series will step in and help you.
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Thank you so much!! That did the trick.

Comment

Thank you so much!! That did the trick.
                To make it a little easier ,whenever you post a thread tell the folks out there what software you use.

Comment

Working...
                X