• Show
Clear All

Got a tax return done today

I sit here by the phone

I know you'll never call

Oh what a feeling

Congradulations Veritas

Comment

I'm trying to get the calculations from hell done (as in the post I made below that NO ONE cared to comment on). Got done and then realized I had to calculate the CA AMT NOL adjustments too. All of which have to be done by hand. I have actually never before run into a situation where a client HAD CA AMT.

AARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Comment

If only

Originally posted by veritas View Post
        I sit here by the phone

I know you'll never call

Oh what a feeling

If only Google and Fraternal Order of Police would give up on me.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Veritas remember

"Many are called but few are chosen."

If you still want a call pm or email me your number.......

Comment

Joan, is your client really subject to CA AMT?

I've never had a client in that situation!
            Evan Appelman, EA

Comment

Glad that someone completed a Tax Return today!

I didn't! Ended up I terminated my relationship and services with a Long Time Client!

So maybe Friday or next week will be better days ahead!

Joan - I can say also I have not had a Calif Client in Calif AMT either- Calif gets a little complicated on the NOL as Calif has suspended NOL losses over the years (I think going back to around 2008)??? ( See FTB 3805V instructions) which I am sure you have reviewed. And yes the Calif passive and difference to Fed (pro re) can be challenging on the Calif CA form.

Good Luck!

Sandy
              Last edited by S T; 07-27-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Now we're talkin

I sit here by the phone

I know you'll never call

Oh what a feeling
                First call Monday morning is someone needing their taxes done. I know they will be good, cause, you know, the first call on Monday is always a good one. And, every other sentence contained the phrase "short form". Woo hoo.

Comment

I always get

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
                  First call Monday morning is someone needing their taxes done. I know they will be good, cause, you know, the first call on Monday is always a good one. And, every other sentence contained the phrase "short form". Woo hoo.
                  it's an easy one.

Never mind the 1099c and 1099misc. Plus the wife left me the pickup crashed and the dog died.

Comment

And

it's an easy one.

Never mind the 1099c and 1099misc. Plus the wife left me the pickup crashed and the dog died.
                    And, I have three dependents: my fiancee, her mother, and her mother's caregiver. Yep. He's gonna be a good one, I can tell.
                    Last edited by RitaB; 07-30-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Or the client brings in their info that includes a k-1 from a partnership. Problem is, it shows the client as a 100% partner. ?????? How's that work? Oh yea. The IRS wrote some kind of letter about that. And, no, client doesn't have said letter. Gee, I wonder what that letter mght have said? (scratching head with a confused expression on my face)
                      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
                      X