Expanding into Payroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding into Payroll

I did a search to see if there was any threads started on what payroll services applicable board members are using but could not locate a thread. I been considering: QuickBooks Payroll Enhanced for Accountants though it seems only Quickbooks sells it. I prefer unlimited employees vs 1 to 3 employees and at least 10 Employers/EIN's. Any suggestions?

Try this thread.

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

I don't use them, but I hear lots of people recommend Medlin, both here and over on the Unofficial ATX Community forum.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Also look at AME Software.

Comment

AccountantsWorld. I don't use it but I see their ads.

Comment

I do use QB - under the Pro Advisors Program - but it is not inexpensive - Mainly for clients I also prepare Monthly Accounting For through QB - I also pass on an Annual Charge for the Payroll Service Fees to the Client - as it is still less than if the Client Sets it up through QB on their own through QB/Intuit. There is the Caveat with QB that "you" have to be processing the payroll - not the Client.

As noted seems like there are some other very good alternatives.

Sandy

Comment

Medlin

I use Medlin for the few payroll accounts that I have. It is much cheaper than Quickbooks and will do several companies. You can download it and try it free at www.medlin.com.

Comment

I am also like Sandy in the QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program. I have looked at alternatives but after comparing how much I make in payroll/bookkeeping it really isn't worth my time to switch. Although it is expensive thankfully I make enough in that service to cover the cost.

Sandy do you efile the quarterly 941, W-2s, etc? I am still doing them on paper.

Not to take this into another subject but one of the main reasons I looked to switch is because I really do not like Intuit's marketing. They are marketing the same services that we provide to our customers. Do not like their Pro Adivsor referral page either.
              Last edited by geekgirldany; 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Dany, 100% with you on Intuit Marketing - First they "court" us for Pro-Advisor, then turn around and "sabotage" - And the Pro-Advisor Program is not "Inexpensive"

Dany, yes I hae converted all of my payroll clients through QB - onto efiling the returns for payroll both Fed and State- quarterly reports and year end --- NC won't accept - but I do that on NC Website, not sure about other States. California for sure accepts. Also will efile the W-2/W-3 transmittal at the end of the year. So far so good, and I have been using this feature for 3 years.

Don't rely on the 1099 efile as QB-Intuit wants what I think is an "outrageous" fee for this, so I use an outside source or paper file the 1099/1096. However, QB will print them - just have to order the paper stock.

All of my Clients are also on E-pay both Federal and State and I also do that through QB.

Email me or call me if you want to discuss or more info.

Sandy

Comment

Will Medlin do direct deposit

Originally posted by rjholmes View Post
                  I use Medlin for the few payroll accounts that I have. It is much cheaper than Quickbooks and will do several companies. You can download it and try it free at www.medlin.com.
                  Will Medlin do direct deposit of employee's checks?

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                    Will Medlin do direct deposit of employee's checks?
                    I have never used the direct deposit option but they do have it.

Comment

Working...
                    X