pa preparers-help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pa preparers-help

i have a client who had philadelphia tax withheld. is a returned filed for this? my understanding is -as long as the employer withheld at the rate of 4.3% no return must be filed. am i correct? the website for philly sems to be down. thanks for any help.

No filing for Phila, but if client was a non-resident of Phila, may need to file a return for local resident jurisdiction, showing credit for Phila wage tax w/h.

Comment

Was the client part year? Depending on the amount earned he may be eligible for a Tax Forgiveness Credit. If it's an single individual with less than $6500 in PA wages, he can get a 100 % refund of his withholdings. There is a chart that will help, if you can access PA website.

Not a PA preparer but I had a young man who moved here from PA and I had to research it to do the return, he will get everything he paid in back.

We have something similar here in Va, it's called a Low Income Tax Credit.

PS, try this link http://www.revenue.state.pa.us/reven...0&bc=0&c=35361
      Last edited by Safire; 04-06-2006, 10:22 AM.

Comment

thanks for your help

he was part year but a dependent of parents-so he can't take the tax forgiveness. appreciate the quick response.

Comment

Working...
        X