LLC-Living Expenss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLC-Living Expenss

Have a new client (LLC) - Form 1065 Partnership - the one Member is a Washington State Resident - but is now living in Texas where the LLC is operating

They have a notation of an expense for Living Expenses (rent, utilities) for this Member - Would this be Temporary Living Expense (will last longer than 1 year)? and the LLC takes as an Expense --- or is this more like a Guaranteed Payment to the Member? Or???

I don't believe there is an issue with Biz Travel, or Biz Auto, but not sure how to treat these "Living Expenses"

thanks

Sandy

Draw to partner unless the partnership agreement explains them differently. GP is a possibility.

Comment

I'm not sure why the member thnks that the prtshp can pay his living expenses and it not be taxable income to him. I would also say as GP subject to SE.
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
        Have a new client (LLC) - Form 1065 Partnership - the one Member
        Does this mean there is only one member, in which case it's not a partnership? Or did you just mean your client?

Comment

There are 3 members, one of the Members is from Wash State

Comment

So is the LLC itself one of the Partners?

So is the one member LLC itself one of the Partners?

Comment

It is an LLC with 3 Members, one of the Members is what the LLC is looking at paying the Living Expenses for that member. Operating agreeement is silent on this issue.

S

Comment

Income to that member, unless it can be classified as temporary assignment (less than one year) and handled through direct reimbursement plan for lodging/travel.
                Last edited by Burke; 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X