1120s amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1120s amendment

I need to correct a 1120s for an s corp. The ss number is wrong on the k1. Iundeestand
    1120s can not be amended. My understanding is to.do another return with a statement attached. Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by ardi600 View Post
    I need to correct a 1120s for an s corp. The ss number is wrong on the k1. Iundeestand
    1120s can not be amended. My understanding is to.do another return with a statement attached. Any other suggestions?
    1120's can be amended and the way to do that is to do another return as you mentioned, yet across the top of it write "AMENDED RETURN".

WOn't hurt to attach a statement telling the only reason for the amendment.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

It's also a good idea to check box H (4) near the top of the 1120S (just below the address box) and to check the "Amended K-1" box at the top of each K-1. That's what makes it an amended return.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        It's also a good idea to check box H (4) near the top of the 1120S (just below the address box) and to check the "Amended K-1" box at the top of each K-1. That's what makes it an amended return.
        Ah, you're right, John. Just goes to show that I haven't made a mistake on an 1120S in a long time, since they put that box there. (grin.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking...
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

efile the amended return?

It looks like my software will let me efile the amended 1120s. I am still wondering if the amendment could be efiled since amendments have to be mailed in

Comment

Originally posted by ardi600 View Post
              It looks like my software will let me efile the amended 1120s. I am still wondering if the amendment could be efiled since amendments have to be mailed in
              According to Pub. 4163, amendments for the 1120S can be e-filed using MeF. In the long term, I expect that the 1040X will eventually be eligible for e-file, but in the meantime, never assume that 1040-series e-file rules can be extrapolated to other forms (or to state e-file rules).
              Last edited by Gary2; 06-17-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X