Bumper sticker

I just saw a bumper sticker that said:

If 10% is enough for God, it is enough for the IRS

Linda, EA

Sounds like more than enough!

Comment

Originally posted by DTS View Post
      Sounds like more than enough!
      The real question is how do we get EVERYONE to pitch in?

So I would add: "What's sauce for the goose is .. (sauce?) for the gander."
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
        The real question is how do we get EVERYONE to pitch in?
        If we knew the answer to this age-old question from the beginning of time, we would be very wealthy!

So many receiving so many benefits think they are paying enough. They actually believe that they are entitled to these "rights" or "entitlements". And they expect those of us that do pay taxes to continue paying those taxes so they they can continue receiving them.

They have no shame or embarrassment on being on welfare, as has their families for several generations now.

I am speaking only about those abled bodied men and women and not those that are ill, handicapped, or aged.
        Last edited by Jiggers; 06-16-2012, 11:38 AM.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

During

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
          ...So many receiving so many benefits...being on welfare, as has their families for several generations....
          the 60s/70s I worked in the farm office of a large plantation and there was a multi-generational welfare family of about 12-15 people living in one of their tenant houses. It was amazing to me how they worked the system.

Occasionally they'd haul a truckload of furniture down the road a few miles to an old abandoned sharecropper's house on the farm. Asked one of 'em what was going on -- he explained that the whole clan was living with granddaddy who got a government check for the family, but to get another check some of them had to live in a separate house.

So before the county social worker came by occasionally to check up and verify residence (they apparently knew when to expect her), a couple of the boys, wives, and kids would haul in a couch, beds, table, chairs, wood stove, and kerosene lanterns (told agent they couldn't afford electricity). Although outhouse usage died out in the forties, there was still an old one out back and a hand water pump on the back porch. They'd stay a few days and then haul the stuff back home 'til next inspection.

Now, that bunch had it down to a science.

Comment

speaking of outhouses, did you ever hear about the fellow in the NC mountains who opened the outhouse door and there stood his brother throwing dollar bills down the hole

He asked what was going on and the brother replied "When I was pulling up my pants, a quarter fell out of my pocket."

So then he asked "So why are you throwing the dollar bills in?"

His brother replied, "You sure are stupid! You don't expect me to stick my hand down there just to get a quarter back do you?"
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
            X