TurboTax writes big check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TurboTax writes big check

Some are wondering if this was helped by an insider within ODOR.

I have filed returns with large amounts of state witholding and the return was put on hold until we forwarded a copy of the W2. The last instance was late in 2011.

The Oregon Revenue Department has more employee vacancies than most state agencies. A spokesman says it's not clear whether the high vacancy rate contributed to the state's failure to catch a fraudulent $2.1 million refund.

I read the article earlier today. I also wondered if someone was involved on the inside. If not, Oregon has a huge hole to fill. (I don't think that the fact that Turbo Tax was used is of consequence. It could have been any DIY software.)
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
      Some are wondering if this was helped by an insider within ODOR.
      From the news reports the perp doesn't seem bright enough to pull this by herself, there was inside help in DOR, IMO. Early reports said the computer flagged the return, and someone reviewed it and sent it on through for a refund. What was that $2mil, withholding? On what? Really?

They're too busy denying the Working Family Credits of $361 to bother with the big stuff (chasing low hanging fruit I suppose).
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X