Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine that, honest taxpayers in odd situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine that, honest taxpayers in odd situation.

This one is rather odd that AZ taxpayers actaully confessed on their AZ tax returns that they purchased items from out of state w/o being assessed a sales tax. Now get this, our AZ politicians decided after passing the law last year, this spring decided to repeal the law.

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...rs-honest.html

This one is rather odd that AZ taxpayers actaully confessed on their AZ tax returns that they purchased items from out of state w/o being assessed a sales tax. Now get this, our AZ politicians decided after passing the law last year, this spring decided to repeal the law.
    A state doesn't want the revenue? Good grief.

but just this morning I read on drudgereport.com that North Dakota may do away with property taxes. (or was is South dakota? I can't tell the difference.)
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post

but just this morning I read on drudgereport.com that North Dakota may do away with property taxes. (or was is South dakota? I can't tell the difference.)
      North Dakota.

Comment

Count us in

Client brought March sales info late, on 4/23. The sales tax was due 4/20. I figured the penalty and interest, cause, you know, it's late. And, everytime I DON'T figure the penalty and interest, they get a letter, and it's a visit to my office.

Well, guess what? Client just brought in the credit memo, where TN Dept of Revenue "corrected" the penalty and interest to zero.
        Last edited by RitaB; 06-12-2012, 01:34 PM.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Same thing!

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
          Client brought in sales tax info late, on 4/23. The tax was due 4/20. I figured the penalty and interest, cause, you know, it's late. And, everytime I DON'T figure the penalty and interest, they get a letter, and it's a visit to my office.

Well, guess what? Client just brought in the credit memo, where TN Dept of Revenue "corrected" the penalty and interest to zero.
          That same thing happened to me but it was the IRfrikkinS that gave the credit! I had to explain the reason I included the penalty in the first place. I told my client to buy a lottery ticket~ this was their lucky day!
          "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Good Greif

Good grief.
            Yep, that best describes AZ politics in only 2 words.

Comment

Working...
            X