Not Sure I'd Have Said It That Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Sure I'd Have Said It That Way

I just had a good laugh with a client and decided to share it on this forum.

Client's former bank has been bought out by another bank. Naturally things aren't going as smooth as everyone might wish, especially if one has an unusual transaction. Client had an excess contribution to their SEP for 2011, so I gave them instructions on how to withdraw the excess contribution without it being counted as a distribution on their 2012 Form 1099R. The banker says "Looks like it wil take about 7-14 days to process this."

Becoming irritated, my client asked the banker how long it would have taken if he just closed the account. The banker responded, "We can process it instantly. I just had someone who did that earlier today."

Woah there - marketing department alert!
    About the only thing the banker failed to say was, "And they were madder than you are right now."
    Last edited by JohnH; 06-11-2012, 04:40 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Several years ago a corporate client went to the bank to close out a dormant checking account with just a few bucks in it.

He told the teller what he wanted to do and was promptly told that he had to talk to a bank officer to explain why he wanted to close the account and the bank officer would have to authorize her to close the account.

My client looked at her, asked what the balance in the account was, and wrote a check for that amount, payable to CASH. He handed to the teller and said he wanted to cash that check. She looked at the amount, verified that was the amount in the account, and cashed the check.

He then told her that the account was now closed and he didn't need to see any bank officer.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

good for him. Banks have generally abandoned customer service in favor of sales & promotional activities.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Apt comparison

Kinda reminds me of the scene from "Five Easy Pieces" where Jack Nicholson's character wanted toast at a restaurant.

But they did not serve toast.

So he ordered a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast - but asked them to hold the butter, lettuce, mayonnaise....and the chicken salad.

FE

Comment

Working...
        X