Happy news Black Bart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy news Black Bart!

There were more Oregonians moving to Arkansas than moving here from 2003-2010. Maybe they will help "Keep it weird" there too.

That's good news, V;

Originally posted by veritas View Post
    There were more Oregonians moving to Arkansas than moving here from 2003-2010. Maybe they will help "Keep it weird" there too.

http://interactive.taxfoundation.org/migration/
    for one of us (not sure which) and I thank you for keeping me posted on these arcane matters of import

Comment

and to paraphrase that famous southern philosopher, Lewis Grizzard:

(you may substitue THE state as appropriate).

"Welcome to the South. Come on down here. Marry our daughters, buy our land. But please don't bore us always trying to tell how you did things back in (Oregon, New York, Maine, New Jersey, California, whatever). We don"t care!!"
      Last edited by JohnH; 05-30-2012, 12:10 PM.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

That's good advice

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
        and to paraphrase that famous southern philosopher, Lewis Grizzard:

(you may substitue THE state as appropriate).

"Welcome to the South. Come on down here. Marry our daughters, buy our land. But please don't bore us always trying to tell how you did things back in (Oregon, New York, Maine, New Jersey, California, whatever). We don"t care!!"
        Seeing as that there is a mass exodous from California to other states. For the life of me I can't understand why those folks bring their failed ideas and dump them on everyone else.

Comment

You're right on target.
          Any time someone begins with "Well, I used to live in LA and here's what we did..."

I want to tell them "Just stop right there. Unless you're talking about Lower Alabama, just keep it to yourself."
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
            You're right on target.
            Any time someone begins with "Well, I used to live in LA and here's what we did..."

I want to tell them "Just stop right there. Unless you're talking about Lower Alabama, just keep it to yourself."
            Back when a person was proud to say they were a native Californian, we used to tell people moving into CA from out of state the same thing when they would tell us how wonderful things were in their home state. I always thought it would be nice if they just moved back home and got the heck out of here. Now I'm wanting to leave, but where...

Comment

You're welcome here in NC, but just don't start telling us... (well, you know what I mean).

Comment

Promise I'll keep my mouth shut, if I move into NC.

Comment

TN too

Dennis, Tennessee would love to have you too...I'll give you a moonshiner's jar!!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Rocket View Post
                    Dennis, Tennessee would love to have you too...I'll give you a moonshiner's jar!!
                    Thank you. I'll hold you to your offer, Ron!

Comment

Working...
                    X