Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Town?

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
    Since years I am only buying recycled toner cartridges for an awesome price and quality, short shipping times, plus they never bug me with phone calls and prices haven't gone up much. Pleasant experience all around plus they put candy in the box. Not that I care much about the candy but it is a very nice gesture. Don't have their name handy but will post if anyone is interested. Will be leaving town soon, so might take a while.
    What did you do that you have to leave town?

Comment

Years ago when I worked for a large corporation we were assailed with cold calls pitching toner cartridges -- inferior quality and high costs not disclosed. We learned to hang up on them. Am encouraged by others' experience with the recycled ones -- on-line buying etc. Last retail price on HP 49A was $90+ at OfficeMax. I only buy them when I have coupons and they have sales. So last time with $25 coupon and 15% off, it was at least what it was last year. But they are not lasting as long either.

Comment

Originally posted by zeros View Post
        What did you do that you have to leave town?
        ...that's my little secret....I can't tell how much I look forward to my seminar in NC with Beanna.

Comment

Here is the info for my favorite toner place:

CR Office Technology, 9 Hartfield Ln, Belleville, IL 62221 - 800-733-7737

Just noticed that they have free shipping on orders over $75.

They had a promotion, don't know if it is still valid, for existing customers. I might benefit if you decide to order and tell them that Taxes N' Things recommended them. If I then ever meet you some place I will take you out for lunch or dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
            Since years I am only buying recycled toner cartridges
            For laser or ink-jet or both?

For years, conventional wisdom has held that both refilled and non-OEM ink jet cartridges risk damage to the ink jet print heads. Of course, the biggest difference between "conventional wisdom" and "they said" is that conventional wisdom is typically a journalist with no technical background, as opposed to "they said" being a barber with no tax background.

Comment

I second RitaB's woo hoo for the return of Black Bart!!!

Thanks Gretel. I hope I meet you someday. Maybe The TaxBook should have a seminar and we can all come and then we would get to meet each other. I know these guys could put on one terrific seminar.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
                I second RitaB's woo hoo for the return of Black Bart!!!

Thanks Gretel. I hope I meet you someday. Maybe The TaxBook should have a seminar and we can all come and then we would get to meet each other. I know these guys could put on one terrific seminar.

Linda, EA
                Dito, dito.

Gary, I have a laser printer.

Now I am gone.

Comment

Working...
                X