Clear All

Update on the Tax Prep market

H & R Block update

Notice that the reporter comes from India and that H & R Block
    comes from Kansas City Montana.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

H & R Block Article

Hmmm... I wonder how the reporter got the information.

Isn't it a violation of Section 7216 to send tax data outside the US?

BMK
      Burton M. Koss
      koss@usakoss.net

Comment

i don't think HRB is in Kansas city, Montana. do former HRB preparers remember it being in Missouri?

Comment

How many of us know the "States" in India? Montana, Missouri, Michigan, what's the difference????????

Comment

From a current Blockhead

It is Missouri and it makes a difference when you are going to a conference there in January for sure!!! lol
            As to the India thing, there is nothing in the Reuters report that wasn't released by H&R Block on it's website as an official news release. No 7216 info was violated.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by jimfrombx View Post
              How many of us know the "States" in India? Montana, Missouri, Michigan, what's the difference????????
              I think the difference is that if we were writing an article about India, we'd be expected to get the city and state correct. That should be the standard for journalism.

Personally, I like the article though, because the misplaced articles and minor punctuation errors give subtle hints that it's written by a non-native speaker.
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
              X