Long waits even on PPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long waits even on PPL

Today I waited on the PPL for over half an hour and I wondered: when during the day, the week, and the year are the IRS Lines more and less busy? I realize that at least for the foreseaable future they are more busy every year because they have to audit more taxpayers with less money and part of their strategy is to get more people to use the automated systems.

PPL wait times

Originally posted by erchess View Post
    Today I waited on the PPL for over half an hour and I wondered: when during the day, the week, and the year are the IRS Lines more and less busy? I realize that at least for the foreseaable future they are more busy every year because they have to audit more taxpayers with less money and part of their strategy is to get more people to use the automated systems.
    My experience over the last year or so is that a call from here in Hawaii made between about 7 AM to 1 PM Hawaii time will normally have a wait time of 30-60 minutes. Calls made later will have progressively shorter times. Calls made from abut 6 PM to 8 PM Hawaii time will frequently answer in a couple of minutes. I assume the rest of you are fast asleep!
    Christopher Mewhort, EA
    mewhorttax.com

Comment

I handle several non-filer cases every year. In order to compile information I submit a POA by FAX. I'm tracking 18 days for the POA to be live on eservices. It's especially annoying to be sitting on hold with the PPL while they lecture me about how eservices would eliminate the need to sit on hold. Whatever happened to a 48 hour turn around? And yes, wait times are always 45 min sometimes more.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
      X