Retirement Red Zone - Good Article & Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement Red Zone - Good Article & Resource

Now that tax filing season is over, longer-term planning might be on the agenda. I ran across the attached article, which I thought had some pretty good info to pass along to clients asking about this sort of thing. It offers several areas to give some serious thought. I like the implications of the "Retirement Red Zone" concept.

Incidentally, I also tried the "socialsecuritysolutions.com" they referenced (they omitted the ".com" in the link). I found it to be very helpful because I've been trying to figure out how to handle this personally. A client who is really serious about trying to run scenarios might find the $50 a reasonable investment.
    Last edited by JohnH; 04-23-2012, 10:20 AM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Cheapest Annuity in Town

Thoughts on the concept of effectively "buying an annuity from Social Security" - the actual net cost

Many people don’t recognize that Social Security is in the annuity business. It has the cheapest product in town.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
    X