Initial EA license & EA renewal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial EA license & EA renewal?

Ok, the recording for about a month now has moved the EA renewal from projecting to be done by end of March now to the end of May. I called this morning and ACTUALLY spoke to a person regarding my initial license. The person first asked if I recieved a letter. I replied "no". Then I gave this person my PTIN and I was told "being worked on" Any idea.....and before I could get another word out, the person replied. "2 to 3 weeks". Is the letter the person is referring to for EA renewals only?

GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Ok, the recording for about a month now has moved the EA renewal from projecting to be done by end of March now to the end of May. I called this morning and ACTUALLY spoke to a person regarding my initial license. The person first asked if I recieved a letter. I replied "no". Then I gave this person my PTIN and I was told "being worked on" Any idea.....and before I could get another word out, the person replied. "2 to 3 weeks". Is the letter the person is referring to for EA renewals only?

GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz
    You should get a letter, a certificate of enrollment to hang on the wall, and an enrollment card to put into your billfold.

Nothing else is running on time with the IRS, what makes you think that this would?

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Separate letter?

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
      You should get a letter, a certificate of enrollment to hang on the wall, and an enrollment card to put into your billfold.LT
      I got the impression from the lady I talked to that I was suppose to receive a letter first under separate mail.

Comment

That is probably correct, I don't know for sure. I was just listing all the items that you should receive.

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

You may have received a reminder to renew via mail or within your online account. (I just noticed my PTIN renewal confirmation online when I went online to check how my address is listed in response to another thread.) You may have received a letter, snail or online, if they are delayed. You may not have. I never received anything from the IRS re my EA or PTIN via snail mail. I usually am moved to action via an NAEA alert or other professional organization reminder.

Comment

I Received Mine

My renewal was for March. I did call them and a lady told me that they were behind, but would have it done in March. I did receive my renewal via mail toward the end of March. I received a letter stating my renewal has been completed. The letter included my updated EA card. I haven't received any certificate for years. I don't think they send those anymore. Has anyone been receiving one with their renewal? I would love to get an updated one. If the lady told you it would be completed in a couple weeks, I would believe her. They usually are really good on telling you when you would get your card.

Comment

Working...
            X