Electric Pencil Sharpener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Pencil Sharpener

What recommendations do you have for this most basic tool.

I purchase the Pentel Quicker Clicker Automatic Pencils and then replace the lead and erasers as needed - so no need for a Pencil Sharpener - something like a 2 pack for $7.79 at Staples

I am going to hijack the "post" and see if anyone uses an electronic (correction I should have said Electric - I think) Stapler and what those reccommendations would be.

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 04-20-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
      I am going to hijack the "post" and see if anyone uses an electronic Stapler and what those reccommendations would be.
      Not electric, but I recommend the Swingline Optima. You need to use the Optima staples, but the big advantage is that it works well with 2-70 pages. Normally you can't use large staples on small packets, but this folds the staples flat so that they don't poke through.

Comment

Chief?

Geez Chief, where you been? I feel like we're talking to a ghost!!

Comment

Question

What's a pencil ???

Comment

Hahahaha

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
            What's a pencil ???
            I still have a pencil. And, I have double insulated model 19 Boston electric sharpener, that looks to have been cheap. I bought it in the 90's (not MY 90's, John), and I love it.

Electric staplers scare me.
            If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Tales from the tax crypt

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
              I still have a pencil. And, I have double insulated model 19 Boston electric sharpener, that looks to have been cheap. I bought it in the 90's (not MY 90's, John), and I loved it. Of course, the infamous "blue pencil" was always nearby.

Electric staplers scare me.
              The last time I remember using a pencil was also in THE (not MY) early 80's when Block still used the thin blue-print paper for the ammonia copy monster.

It was a very nice mechanical pencil, #2 lead of course, with a comfortable grip. I had a little metal box of replacement lead and a separate box of replacement erasers. Of course, the big ole pink eraser got a lot of use at times. Update ONE number, change TEN numbers. If I looked hard enough, I bet it's somewhere in the back of one of my desk drawers.

I'll save any "check tape" discussions for a later day.

Nah, I don't miss it at all!

FE

Comment

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
                Not electric, but I recommend the Swingline Optima. You need to use the Optima staples, but the big advantage is that it works well with 2-70 pages. Normally you can't use large staples on small packets, but this folds the staples flat so that they don't poke through.
                That particular stapler was a suggestion from a client. She recommended it highly, since her law office used it to staple together voluminous divorce papers.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                X