Asking for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for a friend

I have a friend who is trying to re-instate the exempt status for a Knights of Columbus org. He has a number of a person at IRS. But, every time he calls the number, he has to leave a message and she is supposed to call him back. He never gets a return call. His time limit to get some of the info submitted is May 4th.

Does anyone have a number that would get him into the tax-exempt area of the IRS so he might get someone to talk to him?

Thanks
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Reinstating Revoked Tax Exemption

In order to reinstate a revoked tax exemption - the organization must reapply for
    reinstatement by completing a Form 1024 and pay the appropriate fee - even though
    no fee was paid for the original application.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

His state organization should be able to give him assistance. If not, the Surpreme Council should.

I am sure that he is not the only council to have lost their exemption because they just didn't read their mail.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thanks,
        He has already been faxing forms and other things to one particular agent. But, she seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth and will not respond.

I found a general number for tax exempt orgs on the IRS site. He is going to try that.
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

I have had luck with this phone number

The person I talked to at this number was rather helpful:

IRS Tax Exemption dept 877-829-5500 8am to 5pm local time but I have called them at 3:45pm several times AZ time and their answering box said they are closed. I was able to get ahold of them at 10am AZ time.

I just completed form 1024 for a PAC.

I am a 3rd Degree Knight.

Comment

Thanks AZ. That's the number I gave him. I'm not sure of the issues he's having. I hope the number gets him connected to another agent so he can get this resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X