Refund 2008 Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refund 2008 Return

Because Apr 17th is the filing deadline for 2011 returns would someone have until that time in order to still get their refund when filing their 2008 return. Or as I suspect would they only have until Apr 15, 2012 to file in order to still get a refund. I am assuming the filing deadline for 2008 returns was April 15th but will double check.

Someone cited the IRS as saying 17 April 2012 for 2008 refunds. Even if it is technically 15 April, that's a Sunday and 16 April is Emancipation Day; and the IRS always moves deadlines to the next business day. What I don't know is if a postmark is OK, or if prior year returns need to be RECEIVED by the deadline.

Comment

Postmarked according to the IRS.

Comment

Thanks ... person had called this morning the 16th about this and was going to come in to file his 2008 return but turned out he never did.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
          Someone cited the IRS as saying 17 April 2012 for 2008 refunds. Even if it is technically 15 April, that's a Sunday and 16 April is Emancipation Day; and the IRS always moves deadlines to the next business day. What I don't know is if a postmark is OK, or if prior year returns need to be RECEIVED by the deadline.
          I quoted the IRS and yes she confirmed a postmark is okay. i have her name and ID if anyone needs it.
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
          X