Owes on extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owes on extension

I sent an extension in with zero balances, got her return yesterday and she needs to send in $200 until I can actually do her return. I have an NOL issue from last year that I need to deal with....

How does she send the payment in? I mean, does she need a voucher? A 1040ES (late) or a copy of the elec filed 4868 with payment?

Or just send a check with a memo in the corner, "2011 form 1040" and her SS#?
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Quick fix

Originally posted by Possi View Post
    I sent an extension in with zero balances, got her return yesterday and she needs to send in $200 until I can actually do her return. I have an NOL issue from last year that I need to deal with....

How does she send the payment in? I mean, does she need a voucher? A 1040ES (late) or a copy of the elec filed 4868 with payment?

Or just send a check with a memo in the corner, "2011 form 1040" and her SS#?
    I would try a Form 8878 with authorized debit for payment.

The worst that could happen is it does NOT work. You should know within a few minutes of submission.

FE

Comment

4868 dup

Can't get it to e-file without a 4868, and that won't fly because it is a duplicate.

arggggggggggggggggg
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Just print a 1040-V form for 200 and give it to her to mail in. Simple.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I hate to commit heresy, but you could always print the client a 4868 and she could PAPER FILE it with an old fashioned check. It won't even matter if two extensions happen to get filed. How much trouble do you want to go to for a $200 balance due? (and only a $10 per month penalty if you get it wrong)
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

email

I just emailed her a 1040V. That puts the ball back in her court.

Brought this in yesterday, ON SUNDAY... The 1040V is easier, thanks~ I just did not know what voucher to use.

I'm really sparkin' out today. I am sure glad there are still some PROs hanging out with me!!

Comment

My guy that owed money paid it with a credit card. But he didn't know how to do it so he sat here at my desk and gave me his card and had me do it online for him.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
              X