Support Worksheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support Worksheet

Pls advise where you are getting this form. In the software? Attached to what schedule or form? I found one on the IRS website. It wasn't easy. I think it is in Pub. 17.
    Last edited by Burke; 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM.

Most posters are likely talking about the worksheet on page 20 of Publication 501 which is more aligned to Qualifying Relatives than to Qualifying Children.

Some posters are likely talking about the worksheet in CFS TaxTools which was based on the one for Publication 501 at one time and then updated for the new Qualifying Child Rules.

Some posters have a worksheet in their software package which may or may not be as good as either of the above.

I use the worksheet attached which is my own design which is zipped to allow it to fit as an attachment and which requires Excel. It is filled in with an example.

Attached Files
    Doug

Comment

The old HRB support sheet was pretty good, too. Don't think I have a copy of it any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion View Post
        The old HRB support sheet was pretty good, too. Don't think I have a copy of it any longer.
        I found a copy in December, but I did not take it out of its very safe place yet....

Only issue with it is that it is only geared to Qualifying Relatives....but I wanted to look at it because it had a special way of handling support when the house belonged to the dependent that I have never seen elsewhere (and never quite understood on the worksheet).
        Doug

Comment

Working...
        X