1st Estimate Due -No voucher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Estimate Due -No voucher!

Have client in Arizona, I'm in Minnesota. Just called and I neglected to send him his estimated voucher forms for the 1st installment. Mailed vouchers, at this point, would not arrive on time. He is not computer literate. Any suggestions to solve the paying in time problem? I have, of course, his banking information.

Do you have a scanner or fax?

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    Have client in Arizona, I'm in Minnesota. Just called and I neglected to send him his estimated voucher forms for the 1st installment. Mailed vouchers, at this point, would not arrive on time. He is not computer literate. Any suggestions to solve the paying in time problem? I have, of course, his banking information.
    Could you scan and e-mail. I know you say he's not computer literate but does he do e-mail at all? Ok, if not, what about faxing to him?

Lastly, if he has the correct address for estimates, I would just include a short note explaining what I'm doing and this is my first estimated payment for 2012. Of course, he would include his social.

That's my 2c zeros.

Peachie

Comment

Lets see, I am located in AZ.....

SE of PHX about 40 mi to be exact. I happen to be PC literate.

Comment

If he has a trusted friend who owns a PC & printer, you could always email a pdf of the form to the friend (password protected, of course) and have the friend print the voucher for him. (Or his church financial secretary, if applicable)
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

If all else fails have him send in the check with 2012 Form 1040ES and SSN on it.
          JG

Comment

Libraries used to have a big binder of copyable forms. Or write in all the info in the check memo. Or does he have a place -- friend, work, church, Staples, etc. -- where he can receive a fax from you? Does he know a kid with a computer?

Comment

Send him the form

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
              If he has a trusted friend who owns a PC & printer, you could always email a pdf of the form to the friend (password protected, of course) and have the friend print the voucher for him. (Or his church financial secretary, if applicable)
              If the guy is not computer literate certainly he could ask someone who is to visit the IRS web site and print the form for him. Fill in name/address/dollar amount.

If he can handle simple email/PDF, send him the doggone completed form with NO SSN and tell him to write in his Soc Sec number. Whatever knowledge you have of his banking numbers is kinda irrelevant at this point anyway. (Next time consider auto debits for estimated taxes established at the time of efiling.)

Or send him this link ( http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf ) and go to page 11 where there is a fill-in version of Voucher #1 for 2012. Type the info, print, find scissors, find checkbook, mail.

As for libraries having forms to copy, one would think that option likely went away with rotary phones. (Anyone even remember Publication X ??)

FE

Comment

If the client has 10 freinds his age, I'll bet half of them own a computer and can download for him. If not, I'm sure at least one of them had an 11-year-old grandson or granddaughter who would take time off from Angry Birds & Facebook to print the voucher for him.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
                  Could you scan and e-mail. I know you say he's not computer literate but does he do e-mail at all? Ok, if not, what about faxing to him?

Lastly, if he has the correct address for estimates, I would just include a short note explaining what I'm doing and this is my first estimated payment for 2012. Of course, he would include his social.

That's my 2c zeros.

Peachie
                  he doesn't need the voucher he just needs to include "TY 2013 1040 and the primary SSN on the memo line of his check
                  Last edited by taxea; 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM.
                  Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Or maybe

Originally posted by taxea View Post
                    he doesn't need the voucher he just needs to include "TY 2013 1040 and the primary SSN on the memo line of his check
                    Or maybe 2012.
                    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Voucher & notation

Originally posted by taxea View Post
                      I'm not sure whether he "needs" a voucher is of any great relevance, especially when a tax professional is being involved.

In any case, per the IRS instructions, what should be written on the check is "2012 Form 1040-ES."

FE

Comment

Working...
                      X