Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His rental income, her SS# MFS

Weird, huh?

UGLY MFS tax return. They were married and HE had a rental property. Since he was going to be in Afghanistan for most of the year, they had the city subsidy rental income go to HER.

Now he is back and meaner than a runned over snake, and they separated.

1099'S are issued in her name and he is refusing to claim that income on his rental property since it is in her name.

What can she do? Anything?

I believe she has to claim that income for the matching rule, but it is just "wrong" ... Any recourse?

btw, "meaner than a runned-over-snake" is one I stole from an old navy Captain I worked for as a private duty nurse. It was how he described his wife... and he was telling the truth...
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

did she get and use the income? Or is it sitting in a rental account in his name?
    Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

her account

It all went into her account, so I bet it doesn't matter what it was spent on... she will have to claim it.
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Working...
      X