Earned Income Credit Audit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earned Income Credit Audit

Client received letter from IRS requesting certain information about himself and the individuals that he is claiming for the EIC. They are his two grandchildren that he claimed lived with him. His daughter that lives with him also which has one of the children. The other grandchild is his son's. He could provide info about the fact that he provided a home for them (electric bills, property statements, etc.) but they also requested reports from the clinic requiring a medicl bill or two for each child showing the child's name and the grandfather's address. The medical bills he provided were for a different address which is where the son lives. Anybody else run across this problem. I don't know this but it appears that the one grandson lives somewhere else. Is there other proofs that he can provide that would satisfy the IRS? I believe the grandchildren are ages 2 & 4. Is his goose cooked?

The IRS is after proof that the grandchildren live with the grandparents. Documentation that puts them at another address, no matter the reason,excuse, etc, may very likely get the EIC denied. I've seen individuals who lived at one addrees give another address for their mail because of mail boxes being broken into. Problem was childen's address did not agree with parents address and EIC denied. They may accept letters from clergy, congressman/woman and other"respected" members of the community. Too young for school records.

Comment

Working...
    X