K-1's, does your tax software do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K-1's, does your tax software do this?

When a P'ship has "ordinary loss or income" Part 3 line 1 and also has "net rental real estate" income or loss Part 3 line 2, it needs to generate a K-1 for each on the same partner. I have ProSeries software.

Are you sure? Not sure I have ever had one with both, come to think of it, but why would it need to generate two if that were the case? They are treated differently depending on what line it is.

Comment

AZ Tax I sent you a private message. Don't you check your messages?
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
        When a P'ship has "ordinary loss or income" Part 3 line 1 and also has "net rental real estate" income or loss Part 3 line 2, it needs to generate a K-1 for each on the same partner. I have ProSeries software.
        Yes, this is the only way ProSeries can handle this. It hasn't changed in 11 years.

Comment

Thanks Gretel

PS tech support showed me that I need to manually create a new K-1 with same EIN for same partner within the 1040 for each Partner. Is that what you do Gretel?

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
            Yes, this is the only way ProSeries can handle this. It hasn't changed in 11 years.
            It's a software problem for ProSeries. Been that way for several years. Their software geeks are not astute enough to solve it.

Comment

Part 3 Line 2

Line 2 comes from Form 8825. I dont have Pro Series ---maybe you have
              the Form!
              Joane

Comment

Part 3 Line 2

Line 2 comes from Form 8825. I dont have Pro Series. Maybe you
                have that form.
                Joane

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                  PS tech support showed me that I need to manually create a new K-1 with same EIN for same partner within the 1040 for each Partner. Is that what you do Gretel?
                  Yes, it is.

Comment

This is common. Not just ProSeries.

Comment

Working...
                    X