Qualifying Residential rental improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualifying Residential rental improvements

Looking in TTB 9-18 & Pub 527, didnt seem to locate anything. TP replaced some appliances with new appliances thus 5 yr property and new so qualifying property?

I cannot seem to locate a life for replacing linoleum flooring with ceramic tile flooring.

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    Looking in TTB 9-18 & Pub 527, didnt seem to locate anything. TP replaced some appliances with new appliances thus 5 yr property and new so qualifying property?
    Qualifying for what?

If it is bonus the answer is yes.

Comment

Thank you Gretel

Thank you Gretel, and a Happy Easter to you, yes is was the bonus thing I was wondering about. Now, my other question about replacing a Linoleum floor with ceramic tile in a rental, depreciation life?

Comment

I don't know if there is any way out of 27.5 yrs since the tiles are attached to the building.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
          Thank you Gretel, and a Happy Easter to you, yes is was the bonus thing I was wondering about. Now, my other question about replacing a Linoleum floor with ceramic tile in a rental, depreciation life?
          I would consider that an improvement, depreciable over 27.5 yrs since it was not merely replacing the old linoleum with new linoleum, which might be considered a repair.

Comment

This is an improvement depreciated at 27.5
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Working...
            X