NT / Gettin Old and Tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT / Gettin Old and Tired

Not me, but hearing: "Here's what I actually got out of it," from EVERY person who sells real estate. And they always have that check stub. Really?? This is the ONLY check stub you have ever saved in your entire life, and I don't need it.
    If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Yep. I'm reaching that maximum saturation level of frustration mighty early in the day this week. Beat up the copy machine and showed that touchy little princess who's boss.

Comment

Yeah

Yeah, and that "Toner Low" light wishes he had never shown his sorry, good-for-nothin face around these parts. Wuh-PSSSH!
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
        Not me, but hearing: "Here's what I actually got out of it," from EVERY person who sells real estate. And they always have that check stub. Really?? This is the ONLY check stub you have ever saved in your entire life, and I don't need it.
        I can't believe I read this! So funny.

Earlier in the season client tosses 4 pieces of paper on my desk: her W-2, hub's 1099-SSA, a HUD-1 and a check stub. And she actually said those words, "This is all we got out of it" pointing to the check stub for $1,000-ish!

I said until you document otherwise, looks like $120,000 less some selling expenses is "what you got out of it."

Some back and forth ensues, and the records are shredded, and the records are in storage, blah-blah-blah. I cut to the chase with a five figure estimate on taxes due.

Bam- she's up at that courthouse, getting the purchase info, and then winds up delighted with the results.

But "all we got out of it" has stuck with me all these weeks and made me chuckle.

Comment

transferrring it

Who knows what the heck NT thread this belongs on, but here's one I hear a lot:

"And is that a checking or a savings?"

"Put it in my checking, then I can transfer it."

Comment

They say that because they have a check with them that has the correct account information on it and they don't know their savings account number exactly. I hear that all the time too.

I wonder where it actually gets transferred.....Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Neiman Marcus???

Linda, EA

Comment

It's usually a credit union. And the ck'g & savings have the SAME account number maybe with an extra digit on the end, but not always. So they want it in savings, but it goes to checking.

Comment

My irritation right now. A client that had an appointment Friday but called to cancel because her figures were not complete yet.She made an appointment for Wed and is very upset that the return won't be done in time.
                JG

Comment

Working...
                X