Awesome Donated items FMV calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Donated items FMV calculator

I already told a couple of my clients who brought in Goodwill door hangers with stuff scrimbled all of them to use this website. I am going to email this website to all my clients in early May so each time they donate during the tax year (regardless who they donate to), they use the calculator to determine the FMV. I will NOT accept anything other document for 2012.

wow! do the other Goodwill locations have them, or just Michigan? values are different in different parts of the country, but that is way cool. Who needs 'it's deductible'!.

Comment

The problem is that the Salvation Army here and possibly other organizations will NOT
      sign such a form.

Comment

Compared to what my clients bring in, this is an UPGRADE

Compared to what my clients bring in, this is an UPGRADE. My clients will sign it and date it. If they didnt donate to Goodwill, then write the Charity name they donated to.on the document. This is a massive upgrade to what my clients currently bring in.

Comment

It's (perhaps) Deductible idea

Nice idea - possibly subject to abuse? - and the "good/better/best" scenario is very subjective.

It is a well-known fact that places such as Goodwill/Salvation Army frequently have to utilize the largest-available dumpsters for their trash disposal.

Perhaps they need a separate category for "trash bag stuffed full of useless/worn-out junk" ??

FE

Comment

AZ vs. MI fmv on donated items

While the AZ Goodwill does not have this donation calculator, it does give "estimated donation values" http://www.goodwillaz.org/estimatedvalues

So I entered1 suit (best condition for you know most TP's will elect that) MI fmv, $30, AZ fmv range $25 to $35

BINGO

Comment

Working...
            X