Guam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guam

Weird thing, my long time clients are stationed in Guam (military) and I could not e-file a return with a Guam address.

I called IRS Priority line about something else, and since I had her on the phone, I asked her about it. She said that should not prevent us from e-filing.

Also, while I'm here, isn't Guam part of the US, for EIC qualifications? Especially since he is military and stationed there.
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Originally posted by Possi View Post
    Weird thing, my long time clients are stationed in Guam (military) and I could not e-file a return with a Guam address.

I called IRS Priority line about something else, and since I had her on the phone, I asked her about it. She said that should not prevent us from e-filing.

Also, while I'm here, isn't Guam part of the US, for EIC qualifications? Especially since he is military and stationed there.
    At least you don't have to worry about Apr 17th.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Guam is not part of the US for EIC purposes. However, being in the military, it doesn't matter.

Comment

Military ?

Originally posted by Gary2 View Post
        Guam is not part of the US for EIC purposes. However, being in the military, it doesn't matter.
        I guess it is being questioned because they are in Guam and not at a FPO address.

So, the question for EIC and "did you live in the US....." answer is "yes?" Because that is what I thought, but the program defaulted to NO EIC until I used the parent's continental US address. (the taxpayer's parents, that is.)

I sure don't want to qualify them for EIC if they don't, but I sure DO want to qualify them if they do.
        "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

I guess it is being questioned because they are in Guam and not at a FPO address.

So, the question for EIC and "did you live in the US....." answer is "yes?" Because that is what I thought, but the program defaulted to NO EIC until I used the parent's continental US address. (the taxpayer's parents, that is.)

I sure don't want to qualify them for EIC if they don't, but I sure DO want to qualify them if they do.
          Sounds like a bug. Their current mailing address should have nothing to do with whether or not they lived in the US or otherwise qualified last year.

Comment

Working...
          X