Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you charge MFJ w/2/W2's Schs A,B,C,D&E and..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the NAEA allow this to happen?

Originally posted by JSLATER View Post
    From the IRS Web Site concerning what forms RTRP forms that can be prepared: 2. If I pass the RTRP test, am I limited to preparing only the forms tested on the examination? (posted 7/18/11) No. You will be able to prepare any Federal tax return or claim for refund if you pass the RTRP test unless the IRS develops additional competency tests for other tax returns in the future.
    I will never figure out why the NAEA allowed this to happen.

Comment

RTRP Preparation Policy

What makes you think NAEA has control over IRS decision making policy over
      credentialed preparers?
      All it's able to do is make recommendations based upon given criteria on how it will
      effect the tax practitioner community.
      Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Wow what a great thread

It makes me more and more grateful that I started billing by the hour. I'm giving myself a raise after tax season.

I totally agree that NAEA does not control the IRS. I hope they have as much influence as any other relevant group and I think that's the best that would be possible.

I do discount for quantity pricing. If my business ever reaches the point that I am turning away new clients I will stop the practice.

The RTRP program may do some good but it won't magically make all incompetent and or unethical preparers disappear. The big thing as I see it will be whether IRS really does take the credentials of the preparer out of the discipline equation. A tax professional has a duty to take on only those returns that he or she can do and is willing to do accurately and completely. Part of meeting that requirement is detecting blatantly wrong information provided by a client.

Comment

Working...
        X