Grantor letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grantor letter

I have a grantor letter for my trust fund client. It has a large Sch D attached. In the past, I have been able to input the bottom line and attach the paperwork, as the attorney's office always files a paper return.

This year, the Sch D is so much more detailed, and the grantor letter does not reflect "covered or non-covered" trades.

What to do??? (hands wringing)
    "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

simple

Enter the details and charge the client for all the extra time it took this year.

Comment

problem is...

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
      Enter the details and charge the client for all the extra time it took this year.
      ... I don't have the details, at least not "covered or non-covered"... "reported or not reported basis" that is.
      "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Assume they are non-covered, Code B, or call the grantor trust fiduciary/broker to find out. Or have the client do it. Then summarize and send statement by 8453. Entering all the info still does not help you determine whether it is Code A or Code B.

Comment

Non covered

Got it. Thanks.

It will be a paper return, as the attorney wishes, and I will attach their work to it.

Comment

Working...
          X