Keeping up the Good Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping up the Good Work

I am certainly glad that the fine work of the old Quickfinders resources will continue. I trust there will be an effort by TMI to work closely with the various taxpreparer associations, to provide rebates to the various groups or their affiliates (NAEA, NATP, NSA, ectetera) who choose to order these successors to a tried and true research stalwart (and encourage all there members and friends to do the same.)
    Thanks,

FGD, EA, ATA

Membership discounts

Yes, we already have many of these organizations interested in working with us. For any who belong to a State affiliate of NAEA, NATP, NSA, or NSTP, tell your group to contact us, if they have not already done so. These organizations along with their members can receive similar benefits to what they had in the good old days.
    Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 08-24-2005, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Paranoid

Did you delete my post here? Was it offensive or did I push escape?
      JG

Comment

Missing Post

JG, I don't think you get deleted on this board unless it is terribly offensive!

Sandy

Comment

Deleted Post

Originally posted by JG EA
          Did you delete my post here? Was it offensive or did I push escape?
          JG, We did not delete a post from this chain.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know

I must have accidently escaped.

I said something to the effect of I'd rather see consistant lower prices than special discounts that made me take action in May, when I'd rather forget about ordering. Or deals that had shipping prices that rivaled the cost of a Buick.
            Last edited by JG EA; 08-25-2005, 12:23 AM.
            JG

Comment

May deadlines

Yes, don't you just hate those notices and bills that are received in May, with a 5/15 or 5/31 deadline for the renewal fees for the upcoming year!!! And if you don't meet the deadline the price is 20% higher!

I am still paying March and April bills at that point, let alone thinking about upcoming renewals for the following tax year! I have to "charge " a credit card every year in May to meet the renewals for 7 - 8 months later.

Sandy

Comment

So true ST.

I'm usually reeling after April. The last thing I want to do is figure out what supplies to get. Do I even want to do taxes again is the main consideration. Since having my business I am starting to see some very distinct attitudes common to certain seasons in the year.

May and June - worrying about notices, doing orders, notifying ES clients, talking to people about year-to-date information.

August - after the extensions are done or further extended a certain relief finally (if the corporate returns are all out that is).

September - clean up of all the after tax season stuff put off from last year, notifying ES clients, panic that the extensions still need to be done, panic that CPE has to be finalized, panic over clean up of the office files that was supposed to be done in April/May.

October, November and December - panic that the bookkeeping clients haven't even given me the infomation so I can do year-end, sending out of newsletters, panic that I won't be ready, panic when I go to the CPE classes and realize everything I don't know and should know.

January - Year-end is upon us. W-2 blur, 1099 blur, appointments are not coming in why not? The bookkeeping is going badly, It is already known we'll need to do extensions for those few clients. Organizers, ES clients, And a bunch of other stuff that is checked off and done without really realizing that that much work could be accomplished.

February, March, 1/2 of April - Dealing with so many clients, in such an orderly manner, such a feeling of pride and .... panic (what are we forgetting, what don't we know here), so busy that it seems unreal, dreamlike - probably because of no sleep.

This is really a great business isn't it?
                JG

Comment

Nail on the head

JG, you hit the nail on the head.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is panicing over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                  X