Sch C - EZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sch C - EZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sch C - EZzzzzzzzzzzzzz New client. 2010 TP grosses $4000 (line 1), Total exps (line 2) $3500. In Part 3 (info on vehicle) 1963 miles. I looked twice thru their previous years tax return and located no detailed info on this $3500 exps. Surely 1963 bus miles did not generate $3500 of exps? I know, stop calling you Shirley

What is your point? If there is no inventory and expenses are less than $5,000 then Sch C-EZ can be filed.

Comment

Schedule C-EZ only asks for the total of expenses. Breakdown would be in the client's files. Just assume it is supplies.

Linda, EA

Comment

Would that be the "Optional worksheet" for line 2?

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
        Schedule C-EZ only asks for the total of expenses. Breakdown would be in the client's files. Just assume it is supplies.Linda, EA
        Would that be the "Optional worksheet for line 2 (keep a copy for your records)"? The previous preparer was rather generous with the forms to the taxpayer including depr reports etc. but no "optional worksheet". Was the taxpayer suppose receive to one? I have never did a Sch C-EZ before.

Comment

Doesn't have to be generated for the taxpayer. Sounds like a Proseries/TurboTax worksheet.

Comment

One would hope the preparer got that value of expenses from documentation/information the taxpayer provided. Does the taxpayer not remember what sort of expenses they have?

It's entirely possible the expenses were just made up. Either by the taxpayer, or by the preparer, and nothing exists other than a number on a piece of paper (maybe obtained from the ceiling).

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
              Would that be the "Optional worksheet for line 2 (keep a copy for your records)"? The previous preparer was rather generous with the forms to the taxpayer including depr reports etc. but no "optional worksheet". Was the taxpayer suppose receive to one? I have never did a Sch C-EZ before.
              My software has a worksheet where these can be detailed. For that amount, or for that matter -- any amount -- I fill it out for my own records and a copy goes in the tax return I give to the client.

Comment

Working...
              X